Chair: Richard Davis
The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA
Established: October, 2015
Technical Advisor: Brooks Baker III, University of Alabama - Birmingham (retired)
Work Group Members:
Griffin Avin, East Carolina University
Donnie Grill, University of Alabama
Ronnie Gilley, Arkansas State University
Michael Grazma, University of Michigan
Jacob Guter, Michigan Technological University
Bill Koffel, Koffel & Associates
Adam LaRocca, Purdue
Chuck Parker, University of Virginia
Dana Peterson, University of New Hampshire (retired)
John Ramirez, California State University-Fullerton
Jeff Schiller, Washington International School
Gregory Weigle, Medical University of South Carolina
Paul Wuebold, University of Alabama
John Bernhards, APPA Staff
Billie Zidek, APPA Staff
The NFPA Work Group will be responsible for the following activities:
- Track and monitor the revision cycle for all NFPA standards and codes relevant to APPA member institutions, to include the NFPA 70, the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Using the ASCC Work Group Operating Procedures prepare proposed changes during the public comment periods as supported by APPA membership.
- Review, propose changes and, where necessary, solicit, collect, and analyze input received from APPA members prior to an established deadline on proposed changes to the NFPA standards and codes.
- Make recommendations to the Council on any changes recommended for formal proposal to the NFPA.
- Publish information through APPA to raise awareness of current requirements and pending changes found within the NFPA standards and codes.
- Provide representation and oral comments, where needed, on NFPA standards committees, public hearings, task forces and workshops.
- Prepare and submit formal proposals for any recommended changes to NFPA standards and codes for review and approval by the ASCC.
- Report outcomes to the ASCC for further direction.
- Work in collaboration with the Center for Campus Fire Safety’s standards program, to develop joint positions where possible.
- Recommended member code change proposals.
- Formal proposal applications.
- Report the Work Group’s findings and proposed changes to the ASCC for final direction.
- Periodic status reports to the Council as required.
- Recommendations regarding specific provisions of the draft code documents.
Do you have a problem with a NFPA Code? Click here to access the Code Change Form.
Report of final outcomes:
Webinars and Presentation Slides:
October 26 webinar and presentation slides on NFPA 45 - Standard on Fire Protection for Laboratories Using Chemicals; NFPA 211 - Standard for Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents, and Solid Fuel-Burning Appliances; NFPA 1600 - Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs