Cast Your Vote Here
The APPA 2015 Officer Elections open on Monday, March 23, 2015. Voting will close on April 28, 2015 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
Primary Representatives and Proxies among APPA Institutional Members and Affiliate Members are eligible to cast ballots. Eligible voters may cast their votes online through this web site (see below) or by using a paper ballot, which may be returned via mail or fax to APPA, c/o Officer Elections, 1643 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Voters are encouraged to review candidate platform statements and candidate biographies prior to casting their votes. Platform statements, biographies, and short, two-minute video remarks from each candidate are available for you to view on this web site.
View Candidate Platform Statements and Biographies
- Please note that John Ott, who was announced previously as a candidate for Vice President for Professional Affairs, withdrew his name from the 2014 elections ballot on March 18.
- Ballot Tally Process: The APPA Nominating Committee has determined that the Borda Method will be used in APPA officer elections when there are three or more candidates in any APPA officer election. Please note this year that there are three candidates for the office of Secretary-Treasurer. In keeping with the Borda Method process, eligible voters will be asked to rank, in order of preference, their first, second and third preferences among the three candidates identified on the slate approved by the Nominations Committee.
- Eligible voters are the primary representatives and proxies of APPA Institutional Members and Affiliate Members.
- Only one vote will be accepted from each APPA Institutional Member and Affiliate Member. Only the primary representative's vote is counted, in the event both the primary representative and the proxy from the same Institutional or Affiliate Member cast votes.
- The proxy is an Associate of the APPA Institutional or Affiliate Member and if applicable, the name of the proxy is identified on the member's dues renewal invoice.
- A space is available on the ballots for voters to submit write-in candidates.
- A Tally Committee will tabulate election results, which will be announced in late April 2014.
- The successful candidates will take office following installation ceremonies at the APPA 2014 Annual Conference and Exposition, to occur July 21-23, 2014, at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina in San Diego, California.
Please contact Anita Dosik, email: email@example.com or Tel: 703-542-3837, if you have any questions.