APPAinfo, the email discussion listserv hosted by APPA, provides a forum in which members can read about professional facilities-related issues and post their own questions or responses.
In order to maintain a productive forum and to protect our mailboxes from overflowing, there are posting guidelines. Send questions, suggestions, and comments about the guidelines to the APPAinfo List Manager, Steve Glazner.
Please DO post your succinct questions and answers, announcements about events, and your input on discussions of workplace issues. As long as the topic is educational facilities-related, and your TOPIC clearly defined in your SUBJECT line, it is acceptable (exceptions noted below).
DELIBERATELY AVOIDED SUBJECTS
Many individuals would like to market themselves or their company to such a valued target audience. However, because of the size of our membership, we cannot allow it. Some ways you CAN market: a) attend and exhibit at an APPA annual conference, b) become a Business Partner member, c) advertise in Facilities Manager or Inside APPA, and d) post something relevant and include in your signature file a short (1-line) description and your URL.
No jokes/chain letters/junk mail/off-topic discussions. It’s tempting to share funny stuff, but please, not on this list.
When replying to a specific post, only quote the portions that are absolutely necessary to help the reader and delete the rest. For example, do not include the previous poster’s message, six-line signature file, or their personal quote for the day.
- Try not send email attachments!
Please limit the email attachments to APPAinfo. Not everyone has the ability to read attachments, nor do we all want to clutter our attachments directory with PowerPoint presentations or .vcf files.
- Lots of communication to other people on the list can be accomplished through personal email. When appropriate, reply to the individual’s email directly. To send a reply message to the entire list, hit Reply. Please reply responsibly!
- Include the http:// part of the URL in your email messages about sites for the convenience of readers with smart mail applications. Example: https://www.appa.org instead of www.appa.org.
- Take time to write your message. Check your spelling. Include your name and institution. Hundreds of list members are taking the time to read your message.
- And most importantly, be civil and professional.
MONITORING THE LIST
A List Manager monitors the list. Please do not take it upon yourself to respond to any offending individuals. The List Manager will be responsible for curbing any disruptive behavior.
Finally, please remember that these guidelines have been compiled to help facilitate productive interactions on APPAinfo. Comments or questions should be sent to the List Manager at email@example.com. Thank you!