October 28-31, 2019
Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Call for Programs
ACUHO-I/APPA invites you to submit for consideration, programs presenting solutions for improvement, sharing of continuous improvement strategies, or innovative approaches relevant to housing facilities professionals throughout the educational community. Each of us are experiencing triumphs on campuses, striving for excellence and embracing change at an exponential pace. Be a part of the 2019 ACUHO-I/APPA Housing Facilities Conference by sharing your knowledge with a proposal submission.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: April 16, 2019
We are especially interested in proposals around new and emerging issues in housing educational facilities. We are also interested in proposals that will address issues pertaining to:
- Aging facilities infrastructure
- Budget issues/reduced resources
- Developing key performance indicators and making changes based on those indicators
- Expanding coaching skills as a strategy to develop full-time staff
- Expanding workload/staffing issues
- Identifying and addressing gaps in skills and knowledge
- Leveraging and adapting new technologies
- Managing the political challenges in higher education
- Organizational communications
- Recruitment and retention of talent
- Safety and security
- Student expectations and impact of facilities
ACUHO-I/APPA offers standard breakout sessions for 75 minutes. We require you at the time of submission to note which content area your session should be aligned with.
ACUHO-I/APPA’s goal each year is to provide topical material that is cutting edge and key to the success of all facilities professionals throughout our membership. If you have a topic that you feel is key for consideration, but may not align exactly with the proposed guidelines for this year’s conference, we encourage you to submit for consideration.
Programming will occur October 28-31 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Five to seven educational sessions will run concurrently over the course of each programming day.
As you prepare your proposal here are a few required aspects for your submission:
- Submission of program title should be 50 characters or less. The title should draw the participant’s eye, while accurately capturing the essence of the presentation;
- Submission of program abstract should be 500 characters or less. This description should effectively and concisely inform participants about the content they should expect to find in the presentation. This is your marketing blurb and will largely determine whether participants choose to participate in your session;
- Submission of 3 learning outcomes. These are statements that indicate what the participant will know or be able to do, as a result of participating in the session. These objectives are used extensively in the review process to select programs that meet the needs of our participants;
- Submission of complete contact information for each potential presenter, to include full name, title, institution or company, phone and e-mail address; Submissions from business partners must include a partner with an educational entity;
- All submissions must be made by e-mail to Suzanne Healy, APPA’s Director of Professional Development;
- Submissions will automatically be rejected if the above items are not included.