The 1,108 community colleges in the United States play a vital role in higher education for American students. More than 12 million students – 45% of all U.S. undergraduate students – attend classes at community colleges, earning almost 800,000 associate degrees and 500,000 certificates in 2013-14. Community colleges offer an affordable education right in the student’s community.
Community colleges play an enormous role in higher education. APPA needs you. Your voice can help ensure that the needs of community colleges are articulated and heard in the broader discussion of higher education facilities.
APPA’s Community College Engagement Group (CCEG) seeks to identify unique challenges and needs of community college facilities professionals; bolster participation and value of existing APPA programs and services; share best practices; and expand networking opportunities among peer professionals. All community college facilities professionals from APPA member institutions are invited to join the monthly conference calls. To join, please contact member services at email@example.com. There is no cost to participate.
American Association of Community Colleges, Fast Facts, February 2016
Community College Engagement Group Co-Chairs
J.B. Messer, Community College of Allegheny County
Michael Posey, Pima Community College
Interested in contributing photos of your campus to our CCEG page? Submit your photos below.
- Horizontal format whenever possible (most useful for the homepage, as well as other landing pages).
- Image can be of your campus inside or out (grounds, classrooms, people interaction, students, faculty, facilities folks at work, etc.).
- Campus & building “beauty” shots are great, but we also want shots that show students, workers, campus visitors, etc.
- As high a quality and resolution as possible (at least 300 dpi or 1 MB in size).
- Include a short caption or description of the image for the meta tag.
- Permission to use the image, and credit information if it must be given.