The Pacesetter Award is designed to encourage participation in APPA among those who have already made significant contributions at their regions or chapters. Up to seven Pacesetter Awards may be given each year.
To be eligible for the Pacesetter Award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Active member of APPA for a minimum of three years.
- Active member of their respective chapter/region for a minimum of three years.
- Active participation/contributions/accomplishments in regional/chapter meetings and/or other functions of the International Association:
Some examples might be…
– Leadership in the region (i.e. service on a board, hosted a meeting/conference)
– Leadership in the chapter (i.e. service on a board, hosted a meeting/conference)
– Leadership on a host committee (i.e. host committee chair position)
– Leadership in professional development (organized or hosted local/regional/international APPA events, prepared chapter/regional/international APPA educational sessions)
– Leadership in advancing the organization (assisted with promotion/marketing activities or coordinated membership drives)
– Authored articles in regional/chapter/national newsletters, the Body of Knowledge (BOK), authored a book, etc.
– Served as a regional liaison to APPA
– Served on an APPA Planning Committee for APPA’s Annual Meeting
– Participated in code advocacy related activities or served on the APPA Standards & Codes Council.
– Liaison to APPA Board, Committee, or Task Force
– Other voluntary contributions of time, effort, resources, and leadership abilities to promote and enhance APPA and the educational facilities management profession.
- Past recipients cannot be nominated again.
Jason R. Wang
Robert A. Boyette
Julius R. Williams
James (Jay) Williams, Jr.
Richard (Rick) Battistoni
Andrew P. Christ
Matthew M. Taylor
John P. Morris
Arthur E. Sykes
L. Scott Turley
Frederick W. Plant
J. Annette Bardouille
Robert J. Carter
Neal R. Swarnes
Christopher K. Ahoy
Brooks H. Baker, III
Sam L. Polk
Tom F. Stepnowski
L. Wayne White
Don J. Briselden
David A. Cain
Donald L. Hufford
V. Randall Turpin
Theodore J. Weidner