Chair: Dana Glenn Peterson, AIA,
University of New Hampshire (retired)
Established: September 2014
Committee Action Hearings in 2018, April 15-23, Columbus, OH, and October 24-31, Richmond, VA.
International Codes Council Group A Proposals for 2020 Edition Tracking
Do you have a problem with an ICC Code? Click here to access the Code Change Form
I-Codes Codes Work Group responsibilities for the following activities:
- Notify the APPA membership that the revision cycle for the ICC Group A codes and the opportunity exists for the ASCC to propose new code language or revise current code provisions.
- Solicit, collect, and analyze input received from APPA members prior to an established deadline on proposed changes to the ICC Group A codes. Make recommendations to the Council on any changes recommended for formal proposal to the ICC.
- Prepare and submit formal proposals for any recommended changes approved by the ASCC.
- Follow the progress of submitted proposals and send representatives as necessary to answer ICC Committee questions or hearings. Make periodic reports to the ASCC as necessary to keep Council and the membership up to date on progress. Seek direction from the Council as necessary based upon the actions taken by the ICC on the proposals.
- Review draft code revisions released for public the ICC and make determinations on, or seek member input, to submit for the Council’s approval to support, oppose, or offer no opinion.
- Provide written and/or oral input to the appropriate ICC Committees during the public comment period regarding proposed draft code revisions as approved by the Council.
- Report unsatisfactory outcomes to the ASCC for further direction.
The ICC Work Group is comprised of facilities staff members from the following institutions and organizations:
- Cleveland State University
- Middlesex Community College
- California State University at Stanislaus
- Virginia Community College System
- Elstner Associates, Inc. (Janney Wiss, Ex-Officio Business Partner)
- University of New Hampshire (Chair- retired)
Work Group Deliverables:
- Recommended member code change proposals.
- Formal proposal applications.
- Periodic status reports to the Council as required.
- Recommendations regarding specific provisions of the draft code documents.
Report of final outcomes:
- ICC Work Group A 2018 Proposal Tracking
- ICC Work Group B Final Report.