APPA’s standards and codes activities rest on these three core principles, tied to APPA’s strategic vision and grounded in its mission and purpose.
- To promote codes and standards AWARENESS and EDUCATION among members.
- Determine the IMPACT of existing and proposed standards and codes on educational institutions
- To INFLUENCE standards and code development process and outcomes. APPA accomplishes this by preparing recommendations and proposed language for adoption by national and international standards bodies.
- Display APPA's LEADERSHIP on standards and codes and seek pragmatic solutions to the needs/requirements of education institutions with regard to facilities and infrastructure standards as they relate to APPA's four core area (i.e., General Administration and Management; Operations and Maintenance; Energy, Utilities and Environmental Stewardship; and Planning, Design and Construction).
- Identify broad CONSENSUS among APPA’s institutional members and seek appropriate representation in standards bodies at local/state/national/international levels on behalf of APPA. To ensure wide and diverse input and consensus on standards issues among APPA members, may include the following: APPA standards, APPA technical reports, and APPA requirements.
Click here to connect with the APPA Standards & Codes Council Members.