APPA Announces New In-Person Series of Targeted Titles & Topics
APPA is introducing a new series of one-day or day-and-a-half in-person professional development programs for educational facilities professionals. The new series, Targeted Titles & Topics, will include four separate programs covering a range of topics of interest to senior facilities officers (SFOs) and other key leaders at colleges, universities, and schools.
April 26-28, 2022 – Leveraging Operational Technologies for Occupant-Centric Performance
Late July 2022 – Critical Issues for SFOs
Late October/Early November 2022 – Space Management & Utilization
January/February 2023 – APPA’s Operational Guidelines for Educational Facilities
Learn more about the inaugural program, coming to Boston April 26-28:
LEVERAGING OPERATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES FOR OCCUPANT-CENTRIC PERFORMANCE
OMNI Parker House
April 26-28, 2022
Although the pandemic changed practically everything, facilities professionals met the challenge and ensured operational continuity at their institutions. The ways we use technology changed dramatically as well. Therefore, the ways we proactively engage, leverage, and optimize the use of technologies will be critical in building a technological infrastructure to prepare your institution for the future.
The April 26-28 program will include targeted technologies presentations and experience exchanges that focus on:
- Exploring the challenges technology can solve and how to get started with SMART building technologies
- Engaging your peers in how they are developing technology strategies to drive better business decisions
- Assessing your infrastructure data/information patterns through predictive trending analytics for improved decision-making
- Addressing ways to maximize and optimize your labor force through the use of data
- Learning about APPA’s Productive, Smart Buildings self-assessment tool/framework to measure the built environments’ impact on occupant productivity and effectiveness; and more.
Coming in May/June 2022
- Productive, Smart Buildings
- Update on APPA Advisors Program
Steve Glazner is APPA’s director of knowledge management and editor of Facilities Manager. You can reach him at [email protected].