APPA 2022 Virtual Facilities Summit
July 12-14, 2022
Share Your Knowledge at APPA 2022 Virtual Summit
Deadline Submission: May 18, 2022
APPA invites you to submit for consideration programs presenting solutions for improvement, sharing of continuous improvement strategies, or innovative approaches relevant to facilities professionals throughout the educational community. Each of us is experiencing triumphs on campuses, striving for excellence, and embracing change at an exponential pace. Be a part of the APPA 2022 Virtual Facilities Summit by sharing your knowledge with a proposal submission by May 18, 2022.
We are especially interested in proposals around new and emerging issues in educational facilities. Additionally, we are interested in proposals that will address issues pertaining to:
- Bringing Sustainability or Energy Efficiency to Facilities Operations
- Budget Issues/Reduced Resources
- Campus Partnerships (Internal & External Collaborations)
- Creating & Cultivating the Facilities Management Community
- Data-Based Research & Assessment in Practice
- Data-Informed Decision-Making
- Developing Key Performance Indicators & Aligning to Those Indicators
- Embracing New Technological Innovations
- Effective Benchmarking to Improve Effectiveness
- Healthy Buildings Impact on Campus Operations
- Integrating DEI Values, Principles, and Goals Into Day-To-Day Operations
- Planning During Uncertainty and Rapid Change
- Managing in Organizational & Operational Change
- Operational and Capital/Planning Staffing, Budget & Structures
- Space, Design & Utilization
- Succession Planning & Succession Management
- Technological Innovation to Improve/Enhance Services
- Well Being of Our Teams
As a reminder virtual programming will occur July 12-14, 2022 in the Eastern Time Zone. Four to six educational sessions will run concurrently in two to four time slots per day.
As you prepare your proposal here are a few required aspects for your submission:
* Submission of program title should be 50 characters or less. The title should draw the participant’s eye, while accurately capturing the essence of the presentation;
* Submission of program abstract should be 500 characters or less. This description should effectively and concisely inform participants about the content they should expect to find in the presentation. This is your marketing blurb and will largely determine whether participants choose to participate in your session;
* Submission of 4 learning outcomes. These are statements that indicate what the participant will know or be able to do, as a result of participating in the session. These objectives are used extensively in the review process to select programs that meet the needs of our participants;
*Submission of complete contact information for each potential presenter, to include full name, title, institution or company, phone, and email address;
*Submissions from business partners must include a partner with an educational entity.
For questions about our Virtual Facilities Event, contact our Professional Development staff.