APPA’s Pathway to Professionalism (P2P) is an educational program with the option to take the CEFP exam. This program explores in detail APPA’s Body of Knowledge (BOK) and its four (4) core competency areas:
General Administration and Management
Operations and Maintenance
Energy, Utilities and Environmental Stewardship
Planning, Design, and Construction
With this deep dive into the BOK, participants will learn about all areas of responsibilities within facilities management. By understanding the inner workings of each department within facilities services, this program will provide a holistic foundation fulfilling the mission of your organization. With P2P, you have access to APPA’s Customized Interactive Learning (CIL) platform and resources coupled with on-site or online instructor-led training. Participants will be able to learn from their colleagues in real-world discussions that are directly related to their daily work.
Current P2P Programs:
APPA Virtual Offering
March 28 – April 25, 2024 (4 weeks, Thursdays only)
11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Each class runs between 3 and 5 hours.
Please note: There will be no session on April 18.
Registration Deadline: March 27, 2024
Space is Limited – Register Today!!
International Schools Services
Thursdays, February 19 – March 11, 2024
Virtual Offering for ISS members only
This course covers the core areas of APPA’s Body of Knowledge:
• General Administration and Management
• Operations and Maintenance
• Energy, Utilities, and Environmental Stewardship
• Planning, Design, and Construction
Participants will have access to the CIL Platform where the CEFP exam study materials are located upon registration. Access will continue for 2 months after the final session to allow for preparation, scheduling and writing the exam (optional). Anyone who has attended the P2P Program is eligible to sit for the CEFP Exam.
Members: $1,195 / Non-Members: $1,595
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION:
Contact Kelly Ostergrant at [email protected].
Host a P2P: Virtual or On Campus
Secure the dates for your institution today to ensure you train when you want by contacting Kelly Ostergrant at [email protected].
We have paired our CIL online platform with our trainers so your employees can train when – and where – it’s convenient for them. Virtual or In-Person options available.
Onsite offerings are great if you have at least 20 employees to train. We work with you to schedule all sessions including breaks and table settings to encourage discussions and interactive learning. Invite colleagues from nearby institutions to join you! Network, share experiences, and common issues while learning APPA’s best practices in a guided, highly immersive environment.
Virtual offerings are great if travel is restricted and you have a minimum of 20 employees to train. We will work with you to schedule all sessions around your needs. Small break-out sessions are used though out the course for collaborating on specific topics. Sessions are recorded and can be watched for review.
The P2P program includes:
• Four separate days (5-6 hours each session) of instructor-led training at your campus exposing participants to APPA’s core areas of the Body of Knowledge;
• PowerPoint and supplemental instruction materials;
• 24/7 access to our CIL for all registered attendees providing online study tools such as practice tools, exams, recorded webinars, narrated modules of the Body of Knowledge, study manual and flashcards;
• The option for qualified attendees to take and pass the CEFP exam at no cost (plus one free retake!) within 30 days of the end of the session.
QUESTION; How is the P2P Program different from the CEFP Course?
ANSWER: The P2P Program is for anyone who is not familiar with APPA’s Body of Knowledge. This course will help introduce the BOK and explain the content and concepts found there to provide a firm overall foundation of the innerworkings of educational facilities management. This course is designed to better prepare someone for the CEFP course by first introducing the BOK, explaining the relationships between all departments withing facilities management and how they work together. If you need additional time in the BOK to prepare for the CEFP Exam with help from a certified facilitator, this course is for YOU!
Organizational Development & Team Building
With APPA’s P2P program, you’ll be able to provide a richer professional development opportunity for your team.
• Employees learn about aspects of the industry that their current jobs and experience would otherwise not provide with a standardized offering;
• Employees view the program as a demonstration of your institution’s commitment to their ongoing development;
• By including technical service workers or outside facilities customers breaks down barriers between FM staff and other workers, creating a shared sense of respect of responsibilities as well as understanding;
• A broader understanding of concepts in the Body of Knowledge based on the reality of your team’s specific workplace leads to a better understanding of the organization as whole.
Institutions/Organizations and their Champions
The following Institutions and Organizations have hosted a P2P either virtually, in-person or hybrid. Contact the Champion to learn how easy it is to host a P2P.
|Type of Offering
|Last Session Held
|University of Illinois Chicago
|October 27, 2020
|University of Tennessee – Knoxville
|June 14, 2021
|June 16, 2021
|June 24, 2021
|University of Maryland – College Park
|December 10, 2021
|University of Southern California (Group 1)
|February 1, 2022
|University of Southern California (Group 2)
|April 12, 2022
|International Schools Systems
|April 26, 2022
Get Started Today!
We’re ready to help you succeed! Contact us today and let us tell you more about this pathway to professionalism. For additional information on how to bring this innovative program to your team, contact Kelly Ostergrant, ([email protected]) Credentialing Coordinator, to discuss how to schedule your team for their next steps in professional development.