Each year, APPA recognizes individual and institutional excellence and achievement through its awards program. The APPA Awards Program was established to:
– Identify and encourage individual and institutional excellence in facilities management.
– Encourage and promote active participation in APPA’s programs and services.
The 2023 Awards Season Is Now OPEN!
The 2023 APPA Award season, which highlights innovation and excellence across the vast educational community —is NOW OPEN! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to submit the creative accomplishments of your staff, department, or institution through December 15th.
Submitting for the 2023 APPA Award season is easy as 1-2-3:
– Log into your myAPPA account from the APPA Home Page
– Click on myAPPA at the top orange menu
– Locate on the left-hand side under your myAPPA Menu Quick Links the myAwards Submissions
And submit away!
At any time during the submission process, should you require assistance, contact APPA Member Engagement Staff. Just a reminder – only members in good standing at submission and awarding are eligible.
- Douglas K. Christensen Distinguished Leadership & Ethics Award
- APPA Fellow
- Pacesetter Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Rex Dillow Award for Outstanding Article
- Award for Excellence in Facilities Management
- Effective and Innovative Practices
- Sustainability Innovation Award
Congratulations to our 2022 APPA Awards Recipients!
2022 APPA Fellow – Glen Haubold, New Mexico State University (emeritus)
2022 Meritorious Service – David Handwork, CEFP, United Commercial Energy Partners, LLC
2022 Pacesetter – Sheri Vucci, CEFP, Smithsonian Institution
2022 Rex Dillow Award for Outstanding Article – Cameron Christensen, CEFP, The Juilliard School
Ventilation as a Tool to Protect Against COVID-19
2022 Sustainability Innovation –
Portland State University Green Revolving Fund
Wayne State University Compost Pilot
2022 Effective & Innovative Practices –
Florida State University Campus Master Plan
The Juilliard School Ventilation Study and Improvements Project
University of Alabama Emergency Response Project Team
University of California, San Francisco Campus Custodial Services
University of Virginia Partners In Promoting Mindful Driving