The Pacesetter Award premise is to encourage participation in APPA among those who have already made significant contributions to their regions or chapters. Up to seven Pacesetter Awards may be given each year.
The Pacesetter Award is open to any APPA Individual member in good standing through applying and accepting the award.
To be eligible for the Pacesetter Award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Active member of APPA for a minimum of three years.
- Active member of their respective chapter/region for at least three years.
- Active participation/contributions/accomplishments in regional/chapter meetings and/or other functions of APPA. For example:
– Leadership in the region (i.e. service on a board, hosting a meeting/conference)
– Leadership in the chapter (i.e. service on a board, hosting a meeting/conference)
– Leadership on a host committee (i.e. host committee chair position)
– Leadership in professional development (organized or hosted local/regional/international APPA events, prepared chapter/regional/international APPA educational sessions)
– Leadership in advancing the organization (assisted with promotion/marketing activities or coordinated membership drives)
– Authored articles in regional/chapter/national newsletters, the Body of Knowledge (BOK), authored a book, etc.
– Served as a regional liaison to APPA
– Participated in code advocacy-related activities or served on the APPA Standards & Codes Council.
– Liaison to APPA Board, Work Group, or Task Force
– Other voluntary contributions of time, effort, resources, and leadership abilities to promote and enhance APPA and the educational facilities management profession.
- Past recipients cannot be nominated again.
Congratulations to our 2023 Pacesetter Recipients