It is free to join APPA Student Internship Program. Check out more information about the program below and the APPA Student Internship Guidelines for details.
Why Choose an APPA Student Internship Program?
- Provide different opportunities to apply academic learning to hands-on situations
- Collaborate with professionals to develop your knowledge and skills in your areas of interest
- Gain valuable experience in facilities management settings
- Build networking contacts in your chosen career field
- Explore your career choices before making a long-term commitment
- Participate in professional development activities through APPA
Available Resources for APPA Interns
The APPA Interns will be provided with various resources while participating APPA Student Internship Program to enhance knowledge and professional skills.
- Free access to resources and services, e.g., Body of Knowledge (BOK), APPA publications (Facilities Manager magazine, Inside APPA, Operational Guidelines Trilogy, etc.), APPA Job Express/Internship, and more.
- Eligible to participate in professional development opportunities, e.g., Drive-In Workshops, Mentorship Program, APPA Webinar Series, and more.
- Eligible to participate in networking opportunities, e.g., APPA Young Professionals (AYPs), APPA Regional/Chapter Conferences, and more.
Qualifications for Prospective APPA Interns
Students must meet the following criteria to apply for the APPA Student Internship Program.
- Student must be in good academic standing.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 or higher for associate and bachelor’s degree
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 or higher for graduate level degree and recent graduate (within 1-2 years if graduation)
- Student must be an APPA member to participate APPA Internship Program. (Go to Student Membership for APPA Student Membership Details)
- Student must be eligible to work in the United States. Please be aware that all applicants must go through the recruitment process of the institution they choose. Also, make sure that you are aware of your academic requirements from your college or university.
Post Qualifications for APPA Interns
Student interns must meet APPA requirements to be recognized as an APPA Student Intern. Check out APPA Student Internship Guidelines for more details about requirements.
How to Join APPA Internship Program
- STEP 1: Download and review the APPA Student Internship Guidelines to help you get started
- STEP 2: Download and review the Student Intern Checklist to help you to meet APPA requirements and successfully complete the program
- STEP 3: Check out APPA resources under the Resources tab
- STEP 4: Find available APPA Internship opportunities at www1.appa.org/jobexpress/internships_list.cfm.
***Make sure to complete APPA requirements indicated in the Student Intern Checklist. (e.g., submit the APPA Student Internship Summary Report to your internship supervisor a week prior to completion of your APPA Internship Program)