All entries must include:
- A completed application form.
- An introductory abstract of no more than 200 words.
- A narrative of no more than seven pages per each of the seven criteria described in the attached PDF file.
- The criteria have been designed to provide a systems perspective for facilities management. Successful management of the overall facilities enterprise requires synthesizing and aligning the organization’s various components. Successful award applicants will demonstrate the ability to look at the organization, focus on what is essential to the enterprise, and concentrate on critical linkages to improve overall performance and satisfy customers.
- When addressing the criteria, applicants should stress results, creating value, satisfying customer needs, and identifying critical linkages.
- A list of supporting materials for each of the seven criteria. This is a listing of the documentation supporting the narrative’s statements. DO NOT INCLUDE THESE DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR SUBMISSION. You should be prepared to make the listed documents available to evaluators during a potential site visit.
A team will review and score your application and then contact the applicant to arrange a site visit to verify statements made in the application materials. After reviewing supporting documents from the site visit, the team will determine whether the institution meets the standard of excellence required to receive the Award for Excellence.
Deadline: Nominations are now being taken for APPA’s 2024 institutional and individual awards: Award for Excellence, Sustainability Innovation Award, Effective and Innovative Practices Award, APPA Fellow, Meritorious Service Award, and Pacesetter Award. Final submittals for all awards will close on January 15, 2024, at 11:59pm EST. Applications received after this time will not be accepted and must be resubmitted the following year, with no exceptions.
APPA 2024 Award for Excellence in Facilities Management
PLEASE NOTE: You must receive a system-generated email confirming receipt of your submission, or APPA will not consider your application officially submitted. You must contact us at [email protected] before 11:59pm EST on January 15th, if you do not receive an email.