2023 Decarbonization Conference for the Built Environment
The conference is organized by ASHRAE, AIA, APPA, BOMA, and IFMA.
October 25-27, 2023
Renaissance Arlington Capital View
Washington D.C. Metro Area
The Decarbonization Conference for the Built Environment will be an information and idea exchange, between stakeholders in the built environment industry, concerning the timely and important topic of reducing carbon emissions from buildings. The goal is to discuss the design, construction, ownership, and operation of facilities targeted for reduced or neutral impact on the environment with respect to carbon footprint. A primary objective of the conference is to enhance the knowledge base in North America on decarbonization efforts.
A Call for Presentations is now open. Professionals in the Built Environment Industry are invited to submit proposals for individual presentations between 15-25 minutes in length or 60-90 minute panel or seminar sessions. Organizers are seeking proposals that address the following topics:
- Decarbonization 101: Measures, Metrics and Terminology
- Decarbonization Drivers: Guidelines, Standards and Regulations
- What is your role in Decarbonization?
- Strategies to Achieve Low Carbon Operations
- Designing and Constructing Low Carbon Buildings
- Retrofitting Your Way to Low Carbon Buildings
- Lessons Learned: New Construction Case Studies
- Successes and Failures: Existing Buildings Case Studies
- How Do We Fund Low Carbon Buildings?
The deadline to submit is May 1, 2023. If accepted, presentations will be due September 01, 2023. All speakers are expected to present their work in person at the conference venue.
To submit a presentation proposal: CLICK HERE