Purpose: The group will explore, analyze, and advise on differentiating initiatives that enhance APPA’s value proposition in the eyes of its members to gain and retain members within the education facilities community.
Charges: Utilizing volunteer ambassadors, APPA, and the region’s resources, the group will implement strategies to promote a greater understanding of APPA’s community, brand, and value proposition. Ensure APPA products and services are increasingly differentiating and valued by its members. Continuously work to recruit and re-engage new and current members.
Commitment and Expectations:
- Virtual meeting once a month
- Responsiveness to region/ committee and commitment to working on renewals and generating new members
- The incumbent will share previous reports, data, and access to prior membership information with their respective region and, ultimately, their replacement (when that time occurs)
- Minimum reporting items from each regional representative will be posted to the online community group. Standard reporting items to be determined
- Community Engagement – Promote community participation among their regions, regional boards, etc., brainstorm ways for members to participate, and offer feedback on initiatives
- ‘Membership Matters’ column/article in Facilities Manager magazine.
- Coordination of efforts within their region (and chapters) to ensure the members are personally contacted during the membership renewal period and follow up with all members with outstanding membership balances
- Each committee member should also communicate closely with their regional board, regional director and regional president, and relevant chapters.
ERAPPA: Glen Mathieu, University of Connecticut
CAPPA: Whitney Jibben, Augustana University
MAPPA: Jeff Miller, Sinclair Community College
PCAPPA: Chris McConnell, University of Alaska, Anchorage
SRAPPA: Mallica Reynolds, Nova Southeastern University
RMA: John Herrera, Arizona State University
At-Large (Community College Engagement Group): David H. Van Hook, Georgia Highlands College
At-Large (Opportunities for Participation Group): John Morris, College of Charleston
Suzanne Healy, Director of Member Engagement & Business Development