February 3-5, 2020
8:00am – 4:30pm
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
NOTE: Participants will be offered breakfast, morning refreshment break, lunch and afternoon refreshment break daily.
This course is AIA and GBCI approved for 18 hours.
APPA is partnering with ASHRAE to offer training that provides participants with instruction that accelerates their transformation into effective members of a design, construction, operations or facilities maintenance team. Developed by industry-leading professionals selected by ASHRAE, the training provides attendees with the fundamentals and technical aspects of HVAC design. Attendees will gain practical skills and knowledge to design and maintain HVAC systems that can be put to immediate use.
Who Should Attend
– Facilities managers responsible for managing building operations staff
– Facilities managers involved in new construction or major renovation projects
– Technicians or front line supervisors who would like to gain design knowledge
– Architects who want to understand fundamental HVAC system design
How Your Institution Will Benefit
The training helps attendees understand:
– How to improve overall building performance
– The technologies that lead to improved building performance
– The economics of sustainable buildings and the roles of the designer and facilities manager
– The basic skills needed to design and/or operate high-performance buildings
– The skill set that will be required by designers and operators of the future
– Techniques to interact effectively with all design partners (architects, owners, other engineering disciplines) in an integrated design team