LIVE ONLINE COURSE OVER 5 SESSIONS
Commences: 7 – 15 June 2022 (7 – 10am GMT+0)
A comprehensive, up-to-date and business-focused roadmap to success in delivering wind power growth, today and tomorrow.
Attendees will gain an excellent understanding of all the key factors facing wind power developers and investors, from resource assessment and energy production complexities, through technology trends, project development and planning challenges, to financial returns and risks.
The course will include the illustration of key concepts using online tools, wind resource datasets, energy yield, financial and other simple calculations, along with discussion of key planning and market environment considerations.
In keeping with the business-focused theme of the course, any illustrative materials are designed to provide time-efficient clarification of the key course takeaways, aimed at commercially-focused business developers and investors. They are therefore accessible to non-experts, not designed to replicate the complex or in-depth detailed planning undertaken – over much longer periods! – by experienced engineers and technical teams.
1. From wind flow to electricity: wind turbines and wind farms
2. Understanding and measuring wind resources
3. Successful delivery of wind power projects
4. Taking wind power offshore
5. Making money from wind power projects
Benefits of Attending
1. Learn from global experiences in wind power project development
2. Understand unique properties of wind resource, and how these feed into financial risk analysis
3. Gain a business-focused, up-to-date perspective on current and emerging wind technology innovations and project delivery best practices
4. Analyse and discuss practical and project delivery risks facing wind power projects, including key stakeholder engagements
5. Get hands-on with a financial model to better understand financial risks and returns for wind power projects
6. Compare and contrast the unique extra costs and complexities of offshore wind projects with those onshore
“Excellent overview of renewables in the context of overall energy mix, and also details on specific renewable markets and technologies. Highly accomplished trainer with a broad knowledge and the right mix between slides and exercises.”
– Director, Crédit Agricole CIB
“This was one of my best spent weeks on training all year! A good and efficient way of getting an overview of the renewable energy sector. I found him very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in presenting the material, also enabling knowledge exchange between participants in the group. I really enjoyed his interesting lessons and the group work he provided for additional learning outcome. Thanks.”
– Vice President, Statkraft Development AS
“He represents a thoughtful and unbiased view in the realm of renewable energy. His insights are well reasoned, clear and, perhaps most importantly, backed up by hard numbers. Definitely a person I would turn to for guidance in this space.”
– Investment Officer, responsAbility Investments AG
Live Online Course – How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.