COMPLIMENTARY SESSION ON JUNE 8, 2022
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) invites all stakeholders to register for its informative public webinar, What is an American National Standard Anyway?, on Wednesday, June 8, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. The 90-120 minute session is open to anyone interested in learning about ANSI and the American National Standard (ANS) process. Advance registration is required.
The free webinar is intended to help interested stakeholders understand the ANS process and how they can participate in voluntary consensus standards development through ANSI-Accredited Standards Developers (ASDs). The session will address the following questions:
- What is an American National Standard (ANS)?
- How can I participate in the development of ANS?
- What are ANSI’s Essential Requirements (www.ansi.org/essentialrequirements)?
- What does accreditation by ANSI as a standards developer mean?
- How can I identify standards that are approved as ANS, and why does that approval matter?
- What is ANSI’s role in standardization?
The webinar is open to all, and is especially relevant to consumers, industry, government, academics, standards developers, and standards users.